We invite Young Innovators throughout the world to participate in the Fresh Geeks Program to start Hi-Tech projects, learn and develop their skills, collaborate with other Young Innovators, and work together to make a positive global impact.
FORM YOUR TEAM & BEGIN IDEATION
Young Innovators can register as an existing team, or register as an individual to be paired with other Young Innovators across the globe to work together to create projects.
Teams will create projects / products, based on one of three competition categories and addressing one or more of the global challenge initiatives identified for that competition year. TEAM REQUIREMENTS
- Age Range: 12-18 years (within competition calendar year)
- Coaches: Minimum of 1 Coach per team
- Team Size: 2 members minimum / 10 members maximum
Recommended number of positions: 4-5 members. It is not obligatory to have a team member for each recommended position - some may choose to have members in multiple roles; although we recommend all team members to be involved in identifying the social challenge they wish to address, building the project plan, and presenting their business idea. TEAM POSITIONS MAY INCLUDE Chief Executive Officer
- A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking position on the team, whose primary responsibilities include making major decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of the project. The CEO is the leader of the team, heading up communication and strategy. Chief Financial Officer
- A chief financial officer (CFO) is responsible for managing the financial actions of the project. The CFO's duties include creating a business model and budget, financial planning, and tracking cash flow. Business Development / Marketing
- A chief business development officer (CBDO) is expected to have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of all matters related to the development of the project; identifying potential partnerships and new sales prospects, creating and exercising marketing strategies, and driving business growth. Product Manager
- A product manager is a professional role that creates the innovative idea of the project based on the team's goals and mission, focused on meeting the needs of their target customers. The product manager specifies the technical requirements to make the product a reality, and generally manages the launch of features and final outcome. Tech Lead
- A Tech Lead is a software engineer responsible for leading a team and alignment of the technical direction of a project. REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Register your team & project via the online Fresh Geeks Registration Form
LEARN & DEVELOP YOUR PROJECT
- Each team member / parent to sign a participation waiver, which includes consent to photo / video / materials release for Fresh Geeks promotional and educational purposes.
- Indicate in the registration form who your Coach will be for the year, or if you need a Coach assigned to you from our Fresh Geeks Global Coaches Community.
- Complete your team profile in your Team Cabinet on the Fresh Geeks website.
Participate in Fresh Geeks webinars to learn more about:
SUBMIT YOUR TEAM PROJECT FOR THE FRESH GEEKS VIRTUAL COMPETITION
- Project Categories
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Competition Criteria
- Virtual Competition Preparation responsibilities
SUGGESTED VIDEO PITCH STRUCTURE
- 5 minute video pitch + one-pager
- Upload video to your Google Drive.
- Upload one-pager to your Team Cabinet on the Fresh Geeks site, with the link to your video pitch included.
SUGGESTED ONE-PAGER STRUCTURE
- Presentation of your Product: Prototype / MVP / Website / Blog - how will it ideally look, what already works and how, what technology is used, etc.
- Presentation of your Idea: What is it about, what are the goals, what problems it solves and for whom, and what is the innovation and uniqueness of the product and / or approach?
- Presentation of your Team: Young Innovators, Coaches, roles, motivation
- Call to Action: Why invest in us? - What do we ask of our potential partners / investors?
FRESH GEEKS VIRTUAL COMPETITION STRUCTURE
- Project & Product Name
- Solution (Idea + Technology)
- Business Model / Monetization
- Action Plan & Necessary Investments
Fresh Geeks Judges will view all competition submissions and choose the most relevant and suitable projects in each category to advance to the Fresh Geeks Global Hackathon.
Judges will vote for the most innovative / potentially lucrative projects that address social challenges and have a well-structured, creative, and engaging video pitch.
Judges vote for the top team projects (from 1 to 10) based on:
- Interesting and feasible ideas
- Attractiveness to partners and investors
- Potential for further development through webinars, hackathons, and mentorship
- Ambitiousness of the team that demonstrates their desire to learn and succeed
Judges leave detailed feedback for teams to continue to improve their projects.
Wild Card - Fresh Geeks Founders vote for a wild card team to move on as a Finalist at the Fresh Geeks Global Hackathon.
The top 4 teams in each competition category will be invited to participate and compete in the Fresh Geeks Global Hackathon.
The Global Hackathon will be held in 2021 (official dates / location TBD).
FINALISTS PREPARE FOR THE FRESH GEEKS GLOBAL HACKATHON Participate in Fresh Geeks webinars
to learn more about:
Prepare for the event
- Forming a Business Team
- Marketing & Promotion
- Presentation Preparation (PowerPoint, Public Speaking)
Prepare to attend the event
- Update one-pager and upload to the appropriate Fresh Geeks Global Hackathon competition category folder for Mentors and Judges to access during the event.
- Have your presentation polished, and accessible for editing / improvements during the Hackathon portion of the event.
- Have your product prototype / MVP available for demonstration during your presentation and at the Collaboration Expo.
- Practice for your team presentation for the competition portion of the event.
Logistical details for attending the in-person Fresh Geeks Global Hackathon will be shared with all Finalists leading up to the event.